Monday, March 23, 2009

{ a little bit of scrapbooking... }

I finished this scrap/guest book for my brother-in-law, Rob and soon to be sister-in-law, Kali. They'll be getting married on April 18th and I've been helping out with the wedding. My gift to them was to make a scrap/guest book for their reception just like I did for my brother Brad and his wife Krystal.

Once I started, it only took me 3 days to finish. I worked on it in the evening and during Angie's nap and I finished quicker than I had anticipated! Rob and Kali's colors are teal, aqua and red which made it fun to try out some new color combinations! Hopefully you'll be able to see the colors in the pictures, sometimes pictures don't do them justice!

The first picture is the scrapbook we found at Michael's which was the perfect color and had a cute embroidered flower on the front! I ended up with 11 pages and then made two extras just in case they ran out. They're having 2 receptions, so hopefully it'll be enough room for all the quests to sign. Anyway, please tell me what you think of the finished product!











4 comments:

TaNicka said...

Anything you do is AMAZING. You are one talented lady. One crazy thing is i was on my firends facebook and all of the sudden i seen this thing that said you can check out the other pictures at this site, the site was your sisters blog. Small world. She must be related to Jennifer who i went to high school with.

Lara said...

Those are gorgeous layouts! What fun colors too, I never would have thought to put them together! That is a very special gift.

P.S. - I don't know if I have commented on your blog before but I have been blog stalking you for a while :) This is your cousin Cristina's friend Lara (Cahoon) Seaver. I love all your cute projects!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

I love it! This is such a great idea rather than just a boring regular guestbook. I wish we would've thought about this for our wedding. Amy, you did an amazing job.

jaegermeister said...

I'm just now seeing THIS blog. and I love it! you should set up an Etsy store and sell your creations!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU for our scrapbook, was my favorite wedding gift and it still makes me smile.
love ya
kal

btw I'm attempting OUT blog. we're Jaegermeister @ robandkali.blogspot.com