Saturday, May 16, 2009

{ more projects }

More projects from my sewing class! I have such a sense of accomplishment at the end of each class when I go home with a finished project! This celebration banner turned out cute with rainbow colors, and I'm definitely a bright color lover, no pastels for me!

This is a nursing cover, so now I'm all set for when little Jenny gets here! I wish I would have had one of these when Angie was a baby! It would have helped tremendously! My Mom picked out this cute flower print and as everyone knows... I love flowers!

We learned how to make this pin cushion using little pieces of fabric, which turned out fun and much cuter than the little tomato pin cushions that you always see!

Along with the pin cushion that same night I learned how to make this thread catcher! You slide the long piece of fabric under your sewing machine and then little bag hangs over the side so you can stick your pieces of thread in it. That way instead of being all over you and the floor, the thread is contained! Very clever idea and so very useful too!

This journal cover has to be one of my favorite classes probably because I love to write in my journal! It's great though because it fits over a composition notebook and when your journal is full you can slip it off and cover the next one. It was fun to quilt the top together and gives it a wonderful finished look, much cuter than how I used to cover them with fabric!

Well, that's it for now, let me know what you think! I can't wait for the last few classes for this month. We're going to be learning how to make a child's activity apron, pot holders and a microwave baking bag and lastly a self-mitered baby blanket! Until then... happy creating!

No comments: