Wednesday, June 2, 2010

{ Finally... New Creations! }

I realized the other day that I hadn't updated this blog in a looooong time! But I've have been busy..... don't think that I haven't done anything creative! :) That's not possible!  Here are the latest creations and projects that I've been meaning to share! Here they are starting with the most recent... As a thank you to my good friend Carolyn, I made this quote saying thingy (I'm not quite sure what to call it) for her wall. She chose the colors and the quote and I got to work and I love how it turned out! I love quotes!
 
Angie's birthday announcements were fun to put together until I got about halfway through and started wondering why I decided to do 50 of these!?!? It's fun to be able to send ones to all your family and close friends though! :) The funnest part about these invites was sewing them together! (with my machine of course!) As always, Lauren did a wonderful job on the photo! She really is amazing! Don't you just love cupcakes?
 
Some thank you cards for my cousin's baby shower... my Cricut cut it all out! It was such an easy way to make cards! I'm still figuring out all the things I can do with my Cricut! I love that all the paper coordinates! (It was the extras from Angie's birthday invites last year, which I just realized I never posted! Ha ha! Oh well, I'll post that later!)
Angie and I had fun covering one of her shoe boxes to use as a gift box for Grandma's birthday. She thoroughly enjoyed putting jewels and stickers all over it and making it extra special for Grandma!
I've had this paper heart box forever in my craft stash and never knew what do to with it. Then my friend, Lisa had her second baby and her first girl and so I thought.... "This would make a perfect tiny hair bow holder!" These bows are the little ribbon ones that you stick to their heads with Karo Syrup. It's so fun and feminine and perfect for those little bows! I definitely want to make more of those for baby shower gifts!

A couple of cards... a baby shower and princess birthday!
 These two hair clip holders have saved my life! Okay, not really, but they have saved a lot of time! I used to have all of Angie's hair clips in this cute container, but ever since Jenny has joined the family we have twice as many hair clips- obviously! I was spending way too long digging in the container to find the right clip every morning. Sometimes I would even dump the whole container on the floor if I was in a big hurry. So I finally found a solution! Framed hair clip boards... and they look so cute in the girl's rooms! If anyone is interested in a list of supplies or instructions let me know!


Lastly, a few things from Angie's party.... I learned how to make these super cute "Box Top" flowers (because it looks like the top of a cardboard box when you fold the top flaps together) that made a fun centerpiece for the table. And then I cut out these animals with my Cricut for a bean bag toss game. The game didn't work so well, I guess more of an indoor game, but they looked cute anyway! :)
So there you have it! Lots of fun projects! Hope everyone is enjoying creating new things as much as I am! Especially here in Washington since there hasn't been a whole lot of sun yet this summer! Hopefully that will change soon!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Amy, I really wish you lived closer. Haha! You could get my butt in gear with all these crafty things you do! I LOVE the bow boards!! how did you make them? We need to start emailing or something with all these crafts you make and I... attempt? haha!
I love you tons and miss you!!!