Thursday, February 19, 2009

{ angie's quilt... officially finished!!! }

I am so excited to finally be able to post this on my blog!!!!! After many months of working on this quilt... it's finally done! This was a slow process for me probably because I'm such a perfectionist and because I was very intimidated by all the steps that go into completing a quilt! However after my Mom showed me how to do the quilting and binding on my Valentine's table runner, it finally clicked for me! So since this past weekend, I've been determined not to put it off any longer, but to tackle the project and get it finished! Here are the pictures... the last picture I took this afternoon after I washed it, so it now has that authentic "crinkly" look that makes a quilt look complete! I think my favorite part of the quilt is the flowers of course! I love doing appliqués! On the back of the quilt I put chenille, which made it extra soft! It's a different texture than minky(sp?), but still very cozy! Also, my camera doesn't show the true colors because of the lighting, but it's definitely pink... but you get the idea! Anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think!


1 comment:

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

If we move back to Washington, you're going to have to teach me some more new things! (By the way, I am DYING to be finished with school just so I can start using my rubber stamps)