Monday, February 2, 2009

{ scrap/guest book & cards }

I realized that this is the only picture I took of the scrap/guest book I made for Brad and Krystal's Wedding/Christmas present. It's not very close up, but hopefully you get the idea! :) I bought a black and white polka dotted 12x12 scrapbook and took out the flimsy white paper it came with and replaced it with 20 white card-stock pages. I then got copies of all of their engagement pictures that Lauren took and matted them with black and red card-stock. I put 1-2 pictures to a page and tried to vary the layouts so they all looked a little different. I also inked all the edges in black ink (their colors were black, white and red) and then to finish each page I put different embellishments next to the pictures. I had ribbon on some, gems, chipboard, staples, paper flowers, etc. They wanted more of an artistic, rustic look instead of classic, so I did lots of inking. Anyway, it turned out great and it was a fun way to make a guest book more memorable. This way people could leave words of wisdom and thoughts, much better than just signatures on a page. Just an idea!


Here are a few of my Christmas cards I sent out... very belated I know, but the cards were sent on time! :) I love these cards because of this Santa stamp! What a great find!

No comments: